At this time, TIPS is very proud to announce a long-awaited move. Having rented space in two locations since its start, TIPS now begins to build a permanent home for itself in the Futako-Tamagawa area. The whole school community looks forward to increased space, both indoors and out, in a building purposely designed for education. Indoors, this means handicapped accessible rooms dedicated to science and music, a spacious lunch room, and a sensory room, all on three floors accessible from a wide staircase or elevator. Outdoors, this means wide open spaces for outdoor sports and a take-a-break park at our doorstep.
TIPS plans to begin construction in October, 2020 and move to our new location in June, 2021. Check back here for updates on our building and moving plans as they emerge.
The building construction progress will be updated on this page regularly. Please check it out.
The new TIPS building is located in an ideal location to access the outdoors. Just outside the front door is a park called Sankaku Koen, a perfect place for our youngest students to refresh themselves.
Exiting out the back door, there is instant access to the borderless fields along the Tama River. This riverside has free car parking for visitors and parents, as well as fields for assorted sports. Additionally, the sports facility we will use often for PE, Setagaya Rec Center, is a ten-minute walk away and features a basketball court, a swimming pool, exercise equipment, a yoga/dance room, and tennis courts.
Besides the access to the outdoors, we are pleased to be moving to a neighborhood that is a calm environment for our students, off the beaten path of quickly developing Futako-Tamagawa, but still within walking distance to the bustling station.
We have worked closely with our architect and designer, NYTS & Company, to make sure the learning environment is both practical and attractive.
Here are some highlights of the new school:
- the outside of the building is a navy color, with a space to park our bus
- an elevator will allow wheelchair access to all floors
- our common room on the first floor seats 60, allowing room for our student body to grow
- the second floor has six classrooms: most classrooms seat 10 students.
- upstairs on the third floor, a practical activity lab has built in water and gas outlets for science, home economics and art projects
- our music and sensory room is soundproof for our music, dance or quiet activities.
- the large windows on the second and third floors overlook the sprawling fields of Tama River<
1st floor image
1-5 Kamata Setagaya-ku Tokyo
- 15 min walk from Futako-Tamagawa Station (Tokyu Oimachi Line, Denentoshi Line)
- 10 min via public bus from Futako-Tamagawa Station
- 0 min from the bus stop " Sankaku Koen"
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org