At TIPS we specialize in assisting students in the following areas:
Students who benefit from an alternative, tailored education:
Not every student is destined to thrive in a standard educational setting. At TIPS, our staff is trained to give individualized, student-centered learning to each member of the class to ensure that they are able to achieve success at his/her level.
Students who benefit from a small class environment:
Different students succeed in different environments. Sometimes the issue might be that the student does not function well in large groups or in the standard classroom. Our small classrooms assure individual attention and our graduates laud our school’s friendly and close community.
A typical TIPS student profile may include, but is not limited to, those with:
- Mild Learning Differences, including high-functioning Pervasive Developmental Disorders, such as Autism Spectrum Disorder and ADHD.
- Struggles in mainstream academic classes.
- Struggles in attending school.
- Limited motivation to learn.
- Challenges in socializing and group activities.
- Challenges in building relationships.
- Lack of organizational skills.
- Difficulty with focus or experiencing restlessness.
- Challenges in specific subject areas or specific learning skills, such as reading or math.
- Emotional challenges, such as anxiety and depression.
TIPS is unable to meet the learning needs of those with extensive disorders.